Blueberry Lemon Chiffon Cake
18 March 2019 Bookmark • 0
Blueberry Lemon Chiffon Cake is such a pain the neck to provide while not food product value-added. Natural pigments like anthocyanins found in fruits and vegetables appear to not stay prettily purple when baking. So, i attempted to play with its color. the color of the pigment will be simply altered by either adding AN acid or AN alkali. Acids like juice, vinegar and alkali like sodium bicarbonate.
|Blueberry Lemon Chiffon Cake
I additionally found that South yank blueberries tend to own a redder hue, compared to those planted in North American country. once I seared the blueberry paste, I found that it turned magentaish, one thing just like the color of Barney the archosaurian reptile as a result of I created it with SA blueberries, mature in Chile. i attempted another batch with Argentinean blueberries and that they too, turned to the color of Barney.
When I created my Blueberry Ripple yogurt frozen dessert last time with yank blueberries, the color was a lot of blueish. that was why I realized the color distinction. Your opinion might take issue from mine, this can be strictly my very own opinion. So, so as to show it to become a lot of violet, I value-added some sodium bicarbonate bit by bit to show it into the color i would like.
Do not get it too blue as once it gets created into a batter, it turns bluer. which could justify why some blueberry bakes flip achromatic. Too basic already. i suppose that's a lot of rampant with northern blueberries. To counter that, add in some juice.
Actually initially I did not consider turning this into a lemon flavored chiffon. however once I mixed the blueberry paste with the nutrient batter, it turned blue!!! Ohio.. currently i am setting out to worry that it will flip gray instead once baked. which was why I value-added in some juice and zest within the finish to counter it. This cake was bluer once recent out from the kitchen appliance, i glanced at the crack. however because it cooled down, it turned to be a soft lilac colored chiffon. Oh well, higher than a gray chiffon. Hahaha!
|Blueberry Lemon Chiffon Cake
- 125 gm blueberries
- 50 gm water
Cook blueberries in the water over low heat until it turns mushy. Puree the cooked berries together with the liquid. Set aside to cool down.
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 gm corn oil
- 50 gm sugar
- 135 gm blueberry paste
- 125 gm cake flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp (packed) lemon zest
- ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- (some baking soda for color adjustment)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 90 gm sugar
- Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180 C. Prepare a clean 22/25 cm tube pan. Do not grease it.
- Combine the yolk, sugar and oil and mix. Mix in the blueberry paste.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Mix into (2)
- Mix in lemon zest. Use lemon juice to adjust color. If it turns too pink, add some baking soda. It the batter is too blue for you, use more lemon juice. It's hard to say how much as natural pigments varies in different berries.
- In a clean bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Put in lemon juice and beat until soft peaks.
- Gradually put in sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Put 1/4 of the egg whites into the batter. Fold. Repeat with another 1/4 of the egg whites.
- Pour batter into the egg whites and fold.
- Pour folded batter into prepared tube pan and lightly shake it left and right to level it.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until done.
- Invert immediately upon removal from oven and let it cool down totally before removing from the mold and slicing to serve.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Whatsapp